Thursday, September 11, 2008
Front Yard Jumpsuits
To match the House Frocks, I made 2 Front Yard Jumpsuits from a vintage baby clothes pattern. I like how they came out, but I'm not making them again. Halfway through, I realized that every pattern in the envelope required you to wrap the edges of every garment in bias tape and add tons (in this case 8) buttons or snaps. I don't like to do either, so I chucked the pattern out.
Still, I think these are a sweet complement to the jackets. I'm anxious to see a small person wear the house + front yard. With multiple siblings, you could set up a whole neighborhood. Next time, however, I think some poofy shorts will do the trick.