Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Unfurled Originals: Pictorial Legwarmers!

Whales, umbrellas, and cowboy boots are motifs I remember from my 80s childhood. After taking a fair isle knitting class, I wanted to design my own pattern, and after making a film on graph paper charts, it came quite easily.

You can knit your own pair of pictorial legwarmers by downloading my original pattern. You'll need to know basic knitting and stranding techniques, but these knit up quickly and easily, and will see you through many walks about town. Enjoy!

P.S. I know it's Summer. I am, however, still in black tights and, as usual, freezing.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ah, summer in Britain. Love the legwarmers. But love the shoes even more.

Alicia P. said...

Both of your fair isles are wonderful Holly -- it is totally addictive, isn't it? Keep up the good work.