Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Big Top Animal Hats: Pattern Now Available!

Friends, I'm so excited to tell you that my pattern for Big Top Animal Hats is now available! If you've been coming to this blog for a little while, you might be familiar with these hats, featuring bunnies, bears, and owls that I've knitted for a few years now. I've made them for new babies and expectant moms, alike. Mostly, I've knitted them for my own girls. I've been knitting up so many sizes and colors to work out all the kinks, and I've finally finished the pattern! My friend Emily did a beautiful job on the graphic design, and I'm so excited that it's ready to go.

Here is the bunny version, worn by Penny (size medium) and Lulu (size small). They also wore them on Easter in this post:




I've recently expanded the pattern to include 3 sizes for toddlers, kids, and babies, alike. The pattern is now available for $3.99. If you need a great quick knit for a child you love or a new (or not so new) mama, Big Top Animal Hats are a fast project with lots of charm.

Here is Lulu in the owl version (size small):



Named for their pointy top and a knit/purl pattern reminiscent of a circus tent, Big Top Animal Hats are hats in three different animals - bears, bunnies, and owls, in all 3 sizes. They're worked up on a 16 inch circular needles (size US 3 and 5) and double pointed needles (size US3), in the DK weight yarn of your choice. You can finish them with safety eyes or knotted yarn, your choice!

Here's the bear version on Jack (size large) and Penny (size medium):





If you like to knit quick and easy projects, and know a child who loves bears (Penny loves her bear Chris, like none other) or bunnies ("Pink Baby" is Penny's fave, though "Gray Baby" is a close second) or owls (Lulu loves Dean, her owl; it's her only lovey so far), Big Top Animal Hats are a great way to make the cute small people among us, even cuter :).

You can purchase the pattern by following the link below:

Big Top Animal Hats by Holly Klein (Knit Picks website)

Big Top Animal Hats by Holly Klein (Ravelry download)

I can't wait to see your version! 

No comments: