Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Perfect Man

In taking cookies over to our friend's house for holiday movie night, I inadvertently created the perfect gingerbread man recipe! The rollout recipe I had was a disaster, so I chucked away the crumbly dough and freestyled this dough I thought would make good drop cookies. Alas, it rolled out perfectly! And it has no butter. Even better.

I offer to you, my friends, the perfect man:

Ingredients:
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. nutmeg

How to:
Preheat oven to 350F. In a mixing bowl, combine oil and sugars. Add egg, beating well. Add molasses, flour, baking soda, spices. Take dough out in small balls and roll out on a floured surface. Use favorite cutouts to make shapes, put on a baking sheet lined with parchment, and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until cookies look slightly puffy and hard.

No comments: