Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Noro Striped Scarf

Sometimes I see other people's knitted projects, and I want to knit them too. Sometimes, I see other people's knitted projects and I just want them, like I would want a necklace that a girl at work is wearing. That's what happened with this striped scarf. I saw that Jared had knit one, without any pattern, and I had to knit one for myself.

This is a plain scarf, knit in the round with two color-corregated yarn, so that it blends itself when you knit 3 (or however many) rows of each ball. I used one Crazy Zauberball and one Noro Kureyon, and am so pleased with the results.

As much as I was coveting owning this scarf, however, I'll have to knit myself one in the new year. I'm short on Christmas gifts for men, and there's one on my list that just might love this!

PS. Do you see our attempt at growing chilis? We've come this far, and then plateaued. Does anyone know how we can get past the 1 inch mark?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - I am impressed. Wish I could help with the growing of the little chili, but I must admit I do not have much of a green thumb.

Petit Filoux said...

It's not the best time of year for chillies to fruit! We grew some a couple of years ago and by this time, we'd harvested all the plants. I'm not sure this is going to be of any help, but maybe make sure the plant stays warm? It might be getting a little confused if it feels cold air coming through the window. It's only a guess though!