Monday, April 12, 2010

Springtime in Iceland

The recent four day Easter break was good to me, and I finished my Icelandic cardigan! Even though it's 100% wool, and not really the time to be wearing wool, I'm enjoying it as a Spring jacket.

The pattern is Icelandic Star, by Sarah Hoadley (Ravelry link). It was quick to knit, easy to put together, and even ok to block! Overall, it was the minimally frustrating experience I needed. Did I tell you I recently finished a 4ply sweater and it was such a disaster I threw the whole thing out? Like I said, I needed this.

The reason I chose the pattern was for the embroidery. My 98 year-old grandmother has some embroidered cardigans from way back, and I really like the way they look.

I wore it all weekend. And it was a great complement to some watercolor painting in Regeant's Park.

2 comments:

sew nancy said...

It's gorgeous and looks great on you. Love the colors. I might have to give this one a try

shane lee said...

yarns. Many small companies also offer handpainted and naturally dyed yarns for vegans as well. Villalanka