Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Costume for An Idea

I love a red hoody. I like them knitted for babies, and I like them sewn for myself. It seems I make one every once in a while, even if I don't know the recipient. That's the case with this quilted one, my most recent creation.

It's from this vintage sewing pattern that I bought on Etsy. I'll be making some dark jeans to go with the jacket, too. Isn't it the cutest? I love the hand print pockets, though I didn't make them on my hoody.

See, this isn't a piece of clothing, it's a costume, my friends, for my next film. So even if I don't know its recipient, I know the jacket will be for a special five year-old, in a live-action film I hope to make in the future.

It's a strange concept to costume a film before you even storyboard it, I know. But I can picture the film in my head so clearly, and costumes are such a big part of it, that I thought I'd begin there, and see where it goes...

I can't wait to cast the children that might wear these clothes. I think there will be five of them, dressed in outfits I'm planning out daily, to spur my progress (click on the sidebar images to see more from my films). I hope you'll come along for the ride!

1 comment:

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

i love love love red. this hoodie is the awesome. good job.