Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Knitting/Spinning Around the House

I knitted this cabled beret. I really loved making it. It's a free pattern here, and a Ravelry link here. I made it from some Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift that I bought over a year ago at the Knitting and Stitching Show in London. It's one of my all-time favorite yarns. So much texture and heathered color. I always forget how much I love cables, how simple and satisfying they are! This hat will be going into storage for a Christmas gift. Who will be the lucky person?

I met a Spinner this weekend. Upon going outside to take the photo above, Mr. Jones and I discovered the most amazing, huge, "perfect" spider web. We got so excited that, to capture a picture, Mr. Jones ran inside and grabbed one of my black dresses to hold up behind it.

Personally, I like the illusion, below, that I'm not too scared to hold the spider. And I also like the idea that I'm inside knitting and she's outside my window, spinning.

No wonder they call the finest weight of yarn "cobweb"!

No comments: