Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Granola

I like to eat granola on yogurt in the morning. But the stuff you get at the grocery store is just too sweet for me. So I devised this granola of my own, and boy, am I lovin' it.

I started with this recipe, but I knew I wouldn't like the bars, with all that honey needed as a binder. So I omitted the coconut, which I hate, and added only a quarter cup of honey and about 3 tablespoons of oil. Instead of pressing it into a pan, I baked it again on the baking tray I used at the beginning of the recipe. It came out great! In this version I used raisins, cranberries, and dates for the dried fruit. Next time, I'm adding nutmeg and cinnamon. And the next time... well, you get the idea.

1 comment:

Rachel Wright {The Inspired House of Wright} said...

Its so crazy that you mention this because my co-worker just gave me a vegan granola recipe and boy do I love it! Very similar recipes!! Have a wonderful day!