Friday, January 7, 2011

Bubble Up

After all these years, I've finally made an Oliver & S bubble dress. It's been on my "to make" list for ages. The pattern is so old that it's since been discontinued. I made one last weekend, and I think it's just so sweet.

Once again this year, I made almost all handmade gifts for Christmas. It exhausted me, but I loved doing it. What I learned in the process (among many craft skills) is that there's no reason to squirrel away these gifts for Christmas when I make them throughout the year. So this year, I'm going to give the children in my life gifts throughout the year. This one is for a very special girl, though she won't get it until the weather turns warm again.

I did some freehand embroidery on the front and used some buttons that I had in my stash. I love this dress so much that I want to make a simple bubble skirt for myself, out of my go-to A-line skirt pattern. With the construction technique I learned from Oliver & S, it seems really simple. We'll see!

1 comment:

sew nancy said...

making that dress was one of my favorite projects. it's just so sweet. i like your addition of the clothesline.
happy new year