Monday, March 7, 2011

Geek Vest

I knitted this vest from my favorite knitting book. I call it the Geek Vest. It's for a 3 month old baby and it might be one of my favorite things I've ever made.

I know it's not generally safe to make things for around a baby's neck, but I'd like to see this vest worn with a bow tie. I might make some little matching shorts to go with it.

I like it so much that I think the inside is just as charming. But maybe that's just me.

I used one of my all-time favorite yarns, Colinette Jitterbug, and changed the pattern significantly. Ravelry details here.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Cute vest! I wish I could knit something that advanced.
By the way, I'm very intrigued about your comment on the apron dress! I had been pestering my mom about it, asking if people back in the day really sewed that pattern up as a dress, and she said yes but I want to see how one looks on someone. Do you have any pictures, even on a dress form?

jen said...

This vest is totally rockin' and I also love the inside! This is going to be a seriously stylish baby...not enough babies in bright colors these days. Now I know where to go with my two color knit problems, haha.