Monday, April 11, 2011

C'mon, Get Happy!

I am trying to force Springtime over here. In a sort of Brady Bunch, Banana Splits, Laurence Welk sort of way. It's dreary outside, and still damp, and I needed a pick-me-up. So I sewed these dresses for the Goddaughters:

Made from this pattern, a vintage sheet, and some cotton poplin I bought for no good reason except that they are "my" colors.

I also made these cupcakes for the coworkers. From this recipe, with some store bought frosting and 2 packs of M&Ms, arranged with love.

If Spring doesn't happen soon, things might get even more extreme. Or maybe I'll come full circle, and start sewing some neutral colors again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those tops make me crave creamsicles and orange sherbet! Lovely!

Alyssa said...

Are those the most darling dresses or what?!