Thursday, May 5, 2011

Clouds and Bubbles

I made these meringues this past weekend, and I enjoyed them more than many, many other treats I've made recently. They're not too sweet, with an incredible crunch in a cloud of coffee and chocolate.

The only alteration to the recipe I made was to dissolve the espresso powder in a couple of tablespoons of hot water, letting it cool before adding it to the egg white mixture. I did this at the prompting of the recipe's comments, where people said the powder might be a tad gritty. There was no grit, and though they came out a bit darker in appearance, they were divine.

I took them to a picnic with friends.

They were fully endorsed by a small friend, who called them 'cookie' and always wanted more...

to give her the energy for an afternoon of bubble chasing.

No comments: