Thursday, August 25, 2011

Aloha Obama

Around January of this year, I resolved that I wouldn't stress myself out again making Christmas gifts for all the kids I usually sew for. Instead, I would make or buy them something within the year and send it to them as a present for, well, no reason at all. Most of the kids I know get so many Christmas gifts, and every child loves a present just because, you know? Especially if it comes in the mail. This present went to the oldest of my best friend's 3 kids. It's the best childrens book I've ever seen. I bought it, of course, in Hawaii.

The graphic design is crazy, and the illustrations are amazing. The book explains that Washington would be a much more interesting place if politicians wore hawaiian shirts!

Vintage photos and a history of our President growing up on Oahu, with quotes everywhere!

A flower lei, and our President sharing the 'Aloha spirit'.

I also made the recipient a Hawaiian shirt (from this pattern) to wear while he's reading his book.

I hope he enjoys them, as a last hoorah to his Summer as he enters his first day of Kindergarten!

No comments: