Friday, October 14, 2011

An Announcement

I've been ignoring this blog, but not without good reason. For the past few months, I haven't done much crafting. Truth is, I haven't felt well at all.

There's a good reason for that, however. Mr. Jones and I are expecting our first child in April. An unexpected souviner from our recent trip to Hawaii, we know we're having a girl, and we're so excited.

This raglan sweater is the first thing I've knitted specifically for her, and now that the sickly part of this pregnancy has mostly past, the crafting is back in full swing. I'm making things for her, and I'm making things for me. I've sourced a few great vintage maternity patterns, and am hoping to solve current and future wardrobe problems with them. I've also taken a "sew-cation"! I'll tell you about it very soon.

Thanks for still stopping by!

7 comments:

Florence said...

Congrats!!! Girls are such fun to make things for! I'm sorry you haven't felt well; being one that was sick the first 6 months with both my children, I feel your queasiness.

sew nancy said...

Congratulations! Sweet sweater. Hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! I can't wait to see all the crafty lovelies that you make for your wee girl!

lapdogknits said...

Congrats....you'll have such fun making girlie knits.

I enjoy knitting for babies but the skies the limit with baby girls.

Enjoy this time while you wait for your pending gift from heaven.

Michelle said...

Wow, bummer that you don't feel well. Congrats from a complete stranger! I just found your blog, and I like it :)

Lorena (sonido retro UK) said...

Hi... I found you a loooooooong time ago when I was starting with my knitting adventure! I am very happy for you, knitting for you own children makes all the difference , she will be a very lucky unique style little one! Congratulation.
Wishing you the best in you pregnancy!
Lorena

sheila said...

Congratulations!!! That is so fabulous!!! Best to you and Ollie!!! xoxo