Sunday, December 27, 2015

Things I Made, This Holiday

This year I was able to complete an array of handmade gifts. I kept it simple by making the same thing over and over again. That way, I could memorize the pattern and take a plastic bag with the current project in it, everywhere I went. Here are three things (well, a lot more than three, but three patterns, I guess) that I made this holiday season, for people that have meant a whole lot to me and my family.











I made hats for all the teachers at my girl's daycare. They have a system where the teachers move rooms a lot, so they get to teach a variety of ages. In total, my two girls have about 10 teachers, but I couldn't leave out the four teachers they don't have! So I made 14 hats from this free pattern, in a variety of colors. I put them in simple gift bags, tied with a string the same color as the hats. I told them to pick their favorite string color, so they could have a color hat they enjoyed.


For my friends in town, I crafted donuts. I made one from this great free pattern, and it was so fast and easy that I made another three. Then Penny took them all to her play kitchen and that was that. But I kept going, making eight donuts to give out as favors at Lulu's birthday party, packed in these great bakery boxes and tied with string and a tag that said "Something sweet for your tree". I've made ornaments for my friends in previous years, and it's so great to go to their houses at the holidays and see these ornaments on their tree. If they don't get used as ornaments, I'll probably be seeing them in a few friends' play kitchens, as well.


For my nephew, I made a crocheted Snoopy to go with this adorable intarsia sweater I bought at Gap Kids. Also a free pattern, it's made in parts and sewn up. I thought it was sweet and snuggly, and everyone recognized who he was, so I'm counting that as a success!

No comments: