Thursday, August 19, 2010

Special Kneads: OLIVEr CRUMBwell

I made olive basil bread. I didn't have a specific recipe, just used what I knew from making this loaf, and adjusted accordingly. It's my favorite homemade bread so far.

I'm really enjoying the breadmaking. You can follow a new recipe and make an interesting bread from a foreign country, or use what you know, and add what you like. Kalmata olives and basil are definitely things to love.

The top might look a bit dark because I left the loaf in the oven a tad longer than usual. I brushed the top with melted butter, and it was amazingly good.

I've written up the recipe here, on a one sheet, should you want to make it. Just click on the image to enlarge it, drag it to your desktop, and print/use it as you'd like.

I named it OLIVEr CRUMBwell for its ingredients, and my Anglophile ways. Enjoy!

No comments: