Thursday, September 16, 2010

Summer Woolens

It's not even Fall yet.  I'm aware of this, and yet somehow I was possessed to buy this yummy gray wool and make myself a jacket.  I mean, look at it.  It's 100% Shetland Wool.  Could you resist?


I sewed it from this vintage pattern.  I wish, with my new haircut, that I looked like the girl on the cover.


I didn't really follow the directions.  It was telling me to line it in some crazy way, so I just did what I knew, and lined the whole thing in natural linen.

It's kind of plain, so I dressed it up with this sword pin that I got on a kilt I bought at a London charity shop for £10.  Speaking of charity shops, I picked up a wool pleated skirt at the Goodwill here in Portland for $5 that matches my jacket exactly.  Now I have a suit!  And, like I said, it's not even officially Fall yet.

No comments: