Saturday, August 18, 2012

Today is The Day!

That's right, my friends, "Paranorman" is out in theaters today in the US.  
Go and see it!  You must! 


I can't tell you how many talented people worked on this film.  When I started working on it, there was about a dozen, and at it's peak, over 200.  I remember reading my friend Chris Butler's script during the Coraline days and thinking he had something special there.  Now, so many years later, it's being released in theaters.  I almost can't believe it!  I think the film is great.  Of course I would; I was not only an Assistant Editor on it, I voiced one of the characters (ok, a small but character, but still)!  So if you are so inclined, please go and see "Paranorman".  It's a wonder of handicraft and a delight to behold!

Quiz Question: What makes a good stop-motion animated film GREAT?
Answer: KNITTING!  "Wallace and Gromit" had it.  "Coraline" had it.  
"Paranorman" has it, too!

No comments: