Tuesday, December 18, 2012

First Snowfall

It was the first snowfall of the season around my neighborhood this morning. I had images of putting Penny down in her snowsuit and seeing her frolic in the frosted grass. Instead, by the time we were ready for our morning walk, everything had turned to watery mush. We looked hard for the snow, however, and eventually we found some!


Most of Portland is in a valley so we don't see any accumulation, but up in the West Hills it must snow every day of winter.


The woods behind my house looked stunning.  The trees had their heads in the clouds and their bodies were flocked with white.


This is how Penny looked in her stroller, on the morning of her first snowfall.  And this is how she looked the night before (bear suit courtesy of Nana J and blanket by my Godmother, Aunt 'Cil).


The only word that comes to mind here, my friends, is OLDER.  

No comments: