Monday, February 7, 2011

Lace Hat + Estate Grab

I knitted this hat on the plane back from my East Coast Christmas. Well, I started it back then, and finished it up last week. I made it from leftovers, and it's become one of the most versatile things I've ever knit (and because it's a hat, I'm afraid you have to see pictures with my face in them).

This is the first time I've ever knit lace. I don't think I like knitting lace, unless it's a super super simple pattern like this one, that I can memorize really quickly (Ravelry details here).

I wore this hat all weekend, including a jaunt across the street (literally!) to an estate sale where I grabbed $40 worth of stuff. And if everything you grab is between $2-$5, you have grabbed a lot of stuff. I'm loving this button.

I'm enjoying the hat, too. I never would have thought I needed a black lacey hat...

but now that I have it, I'm putting it on almost every day. Hello bad hair day, I'm not so angry anymore.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

that hat looks adorable and so do you!! :)