Friday, January 20, 2012

Single Breasted Cream Puff

After all that color, I made something neutral and classic. I knit it in pieces, too, which is such a lovely change after going 'round and 'round with circular knitting. It sat unassembled in my craft room for weeks. Finally I sewed it up, and added some "grandpa" vintage buttons.

The pattern is called "Cream Puff", from this vintage pattern book that I found at an estate sale. How I love vintage patterns! So clear, hardly ever a mistake, and the sweetest, most timeless styles...

The pattern, pictured below, was originally double-breasted, but I changed it to be single. I also made stockinette sleeves. I almost lined the sweater, nervous that the gorgeous wool (I have to find the tag, I bought it at Sock Summit this past year, and it was the nicest I've had in a while) might be too scratchy for our future cream puff. When I blocked the sweater, though, it was soft and creamy, like butter.

The stitch pattern is lovely, too. I think she might need to hold a (knitted?) pipe when she wears this one.

The pregnancy is still going well. I'm getting quite BIG now, and we couldn't be more excited for the beginning of April to arrive. I need to put down the knitting needles and work on a nursery!

1 comment: