Monday, September 10, 2012

A Few Days with Ciocia (Aunty) Ingrid

Ingrid came to visit from New York.  Oh, wasn't it glorious!  If there are two words to describe Ingrid they are, "My. People". I can't tell you how comforting it was to have her here.  Was it her knowledge of babies, as she's now got a 2, 4, and 6 year old?  Was it her East Coast humor and sensibility? Was it that we got to spend more concentrated time together than we have in maybe, like, a decade?  YES.  Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.  It was like ten vacations crammed into 2.5 days.  Who else is going to meet your baby and within a few hours deem she needs a Puerto Rican hair bow?  At first Penny was confused...


Then, as usual, she was up for it! Boricua!  


We spent time in town, and had gorgeous weather to get down to some outdoor Oregon biznezz...






When people ask me how I met Ingrid, I like to joke "I hired her!", as I was in her interviews during my first professional job.  The crazy thing is, I started talking to Ingrid on a recommendation. Frankie told me, "that Ingrid is pretty cool", and I said "invite her to lunch", and the rest, my friends, is history.  I hate it when a visit makes you miss people even more, but that's exactly what happened.  I love you, Ingrid!  And thank you for telling me not to be scared to rock my baby to sleep.  :)

No comments: